The Community Management Wiki is an attempt to document and synthesize what we know about community management.
What is community management? Edit
Community management is the theory and practice of creating, building, maintaining, and guiding all kinds of communities, whether online or offline, large or small. Communities have a wide variety of purposes, Structures, and Values, and each one has different needs. A community manager helps a community be the best it can be at whatever it is that it does.
See Community management for more information.
What is this wiki for? Edit
- Explaining terms and concepts relevant to community management
- Describing best practices
- Reviewing and recommending tools
- Offering case studies of well-known or interesting communities
- Offering further reading and other resources for community managers
Can I help out? Edit
Of course! This wiki is editable by anyone. Please join us in building a great information resource.
Some good places to start include: