Many Events provide Meals for attendees.
Best practices Edit
On-site meals Edit
- Always provide vegetarian food. This is a common dietary restriction that is easy to address.
- If you can handle other special food (eg. kosher, vegan, gluten-free) allow attendees to specify their food needs at Registration time.
- If you can't handle special diets, be clear and up-front about this.
Off-site meals Edit
- Prepare a single page print-out listing nearby restaurants and providing a map
- Make sure you list a range of restaurants including some that have good vegetarian food
- If your city has good coverage in Yelp or a similar website, let your attendees know about it
- Provide at least 1.5 hours for off-site meals, as people will need to take time walking to restaurants, and restaurants may be slow serving large groups
See also: Conference